- 1 pack of jelly (any flavour will do) raspberry or port wine would work great.
- 1/2 cup thickened cream (if you like the cloudy worm look)
- bendy straws, the fatter the better as the small ones don’t work well.
- A tall container to hold straws, the taller the better, as tall as the straws are is perfect.
How to make them
- Make jelly per packet instructions, allow to cool to lukewarm
- mix in your cream if you are using it.
- Put your jelly into your tall container then put your straws into the same container. (no need to pour you will get the same effect)
- Chill until set. Should take around 4 hours
- To remove the worm from the straw, you can either run warm water over the straws to loosen the worms or pinch them out from the ends and squeeze slowly along the straw.
We tried several different ways to get these to work. First we tapped the ends of the straws to keep the jelly from running out. This failed as I wasted so much mix trying to keep them in the straws.
We then used the cream that was suggested and this made no difference, in the end we worked it all out. You need a container that can hold the straws snuggly without moving and to be as high as the straws. The straws would take up the jelly and not run out.
If the container has any room around it then the jelly will run out the bottom and fill the container. That is the trick that we finally worked out, as all the photos on the net never showed the straws tucked into a tall container.
- aMAZEing recovery for Bellingham Maze - February 27, 2015
- Just Jack Clothing for Boys – Review - February 24, 2015
- Wiggles Perform Live at Dreamworld with Meet & Greet - February 23, 2015
- LEGO® fan event returns to the Sunshine Coast - February 23, 2015
- Learning difficulties workshops filling fast - February 23, 2015
- Dinosaur Rocket – Review - February 22, 2015
- Win Tickets to the The Stitches & Craft Show - February 18, 2015
- Pixar Film Festival Details – WIN A Family Pass - February 18, 2015
- Smile and Shine Childminding Service - February 16, 2015
- One on La Balsa – Review - February 15, 2015