Not only is it easier but it can be more fun and you get to see more of our great countryside.
Kids however don’t always enjoy sitting in a car and get bored easily so we have come up with a few suggestions to make your trip a little bit easier.
1. Play I spy – not only is this entertaining for the kids but they are learning at the same time. When they are really young just use colours instead of the standard letter. (I spy something that is green….leaves on trees)
2. Sing songs – one of our family favourites is to mix up the song and sing it incorrectly. For example twinkle twinkle little frog… has the kids in fits of laughter. They will then start adding to it and you can get some funny songs out this one.
3. Get some travel games – you can make your own travel games or purchase some from your local shops.
4. Snacks – always a hit and can keep everyone going just that little bit longer to the next stop. Don’t forget some water too.
5. DVD/ iPad/ iPod/ DS – games and movies these are always a hit with the kids and perfect for when they are getting really restless, works well in this family.
6. Pack goodie bags – small bags for each child full of fun things to do, give them each one every time you stop, each with something new to stimulate their minds for the next leg of the journey.